With the increased positive cases of coronavirus in the greater community, Luthercare has made the decision to once again tighten our COVID-19 protocols. This includes restrictions on campus visitation and delayed re-openings until after the holiday season. We realize that this will be challenging and a source of frustration during the holidays. We are taking these actions to help ensure the health and safety of our residents, team members, families, and the communities we serve.
Luthercare Visitation Guidelines – Effective November 20, 2020
• Visitors are not permitted in Healthcare or Personal Care with the exception of compassionate care visits.
• Campus grounds are closed to the outside community; this includes biking and walking on campus.
• Visitation for Independent Living apartments and cottages is restricted at this time. If you are an essential adult (age 18+) caregiver, please contact a campus director to arrange an essential visit.
• All permitted visitors must be screened upon arrival. Screening locations are identified at all campus entrances.
• Permitted visitors who fail to meet the screening requirements will be asked to return when symptoms resolve or cleared by a physician or a negative COVID-19 test result.
• Permitted visits are limited to a resident’s apartment or cottage; lobbies and common areas are prohibited.
• Masks must be worn at all times during the visit, even when socially distanced.
We encourage families and residents to communicate regularly through phone calls, texts, video chat, and other virtual means. We have team members who can help walk you through the process.
If you need assistance, please reach out to the Executive Director at your campus:
Luther Acres Executive Director Craig Shelly, 717.626.1171
St. John’s Herr Estate Executive Director Anita Martin, 717.684.0678
Spang Crest Executive Director Dan Deitzel, 717.274.1495
Founded in 1949, Luthercare, a social ministry organization affiliated with the Lower Susquehanna Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and a member of Lutheran Services in America, is a leading provider of independent, personal care and skilled care residences in Lancaster and Lebanon counties. Luthercare operates Luther Acres, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Lititz, Pa.; Spang Crest, a rehabilitation center, skilled nursing and memory support personal care community in Lebanon, Pa.; and St. John’s Herr Estate, an independent living and personal care community in Columbia, Pa. Additionally, Luthercare operates PA Keystone Stars-accredited child care and early learning centers in Marietta, Reamstown and Annville. Luthercare, a pioneer in Child Care Programs, also offers a Mentoring Program, which aids home-based child care providers in Lebanon and Lancaster counties.