As the impact of COVID-19 has reached our area in the past few days, Luthercare for Kids leadership has been carefully watching state and local decisions in regards to any closures. We have been informed that Governor Wolf today announced the closure of all schools for grades K-12 in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the next two weeks.
As always, the safety and health of our children, families and team members is of utmost importance to us. In response, we have made the decision to follow the governor’s direction. All Luthercare for Kids Early Learning Centers will be closed from Monday, March 16, 2020, and continuing through Friday, March 27, 2020.
We recognize the impact of a child care center closure on our families and our community, and we do not make this decision lightly. We will be monitoring the situation to determine if an extended closure is necessary. We will communicate via social media and our www.Luthercare.org website.
Please follow these guidelines to keep you and your family safe during this time:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
• Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
Please continue to follow the latest information regarding COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, and from the Pennsylvania Department of Health at https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx.
Additional questions should be directed to Luthercare for Kids Center Directors.