Guidance for nursing homes, personal care homes, and other long-term care facilities are gradually being updated for the Commonwealth as we continue moving through Governor Wolf’s phased reopening plan. Luthercare will balance protecting our residents while the greater community opens up around us. Below are our current guideline for visiting a loved one in a Luthercare community.
Healthcare and Personal Care
At this time the restrictions put in place to protect the residents and staff in our Healthcare and Personal Care centers remain. To ensure a safe return to activities, visitation and other events for residents, the Pennsylvania Department of Health is implementing a three-step process of reopening so staff and residents can eventually safely welcome visitors and resume more normal routines. All facilities across the state are required to meet several prerequisites before proceeding into the official three-step process of reopening. Luthercare is currently developing a re-opening implementation plan for our Healthcare and Personal Care Centers which includes visitation requirements and protocols to ensure the safety of residents and staff. Visitations will resume when we enter the third step of the reopening process. All visits will be pre-scheduled and have specific time limits. Luthercare’s timeline for reopening, implementation plan and visitation guidelines will be posted on our website.
Limited visitation has resumed in our Independent Living residences only.
- All visitors must check in at a screening station prior to visiting with their family members. Instructions for screening locations are identified at campus entrances
- A limit of 2 visitors will be permitted at one time.
- All visitors must wear a facemask while in the building and maintain social distancing from others and practice infection control measures
- At this time, we ask that family visits only occur one time per week during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Visitors must wear an identification badge to show they have been screened. If found not in compliance, visitors will be asked to leave.
- Outdoor visits are encouraged when possible, and if outdoor visits are not possible, then we request that family visits occur directly in the residence of their loved one.
- If you are ill or experiencing any of the following symptoms, we require that you stay home until fully recovered and without symptoms for 3 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, runny nose, upset stomach, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea).
- We have the right to restrict visitors if a visitor displays any of the above noted symptoms.
We encourage families and residents to continue to communicate regularly through phone calls, texts, video chat, and other virtual means. We have team members who can help. If you need assistance, please reach out to the Executive Director or Administrator at your campus. They can be reached at Luther Acres, 717.626.1171; at St. John’s Herr Estate, 717.684.0678; and at Spang Crest, 717.274.1495.
Founded in 1949, Luthercare, a social ministry organization affiliated with the Lower Susquehanna Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and a member of Lutheran Services in America, is a leading provider of independent, personal care and skilled care residences in Lancaster and Lebanon counties. Luthercare operates Luther Acres, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Lititz, Pa.; Spang Crest, a rehabilitation center, skilled nursing and memory support personal care community in Lebanon, Pa.; and St. John’s Herr Estate, an independent living and personal care community in Columbia, Pa. Additionally, Luthercare operates four PA Keystone Stars-accredited child care and early learning centers in Lancaster, Marietta, Reamstown and Annville. Luthercare, a pioneer in Child Care Programs, also offers a Mentoring Program, which aids home-based child care providers in Lebanon and Lancaster counties.